Based on your reading of Turvey chapter 22, answer the following:
1) Who is credited with having first coined the term serial killer? Who was he? What were his credentials? (we will revisit him and his colleagues next week)
2) List and discuss two of the myths regarding serial murderers explored by Turvey.
3) An offender’s cooling-off period is important to understanding their mental state. We will revisit cooling-off periods next week. What is a cooling-off period?
4) Not all serial offenders commit murder. Serial rapists often do not murder, sometimes because they prefer their victim to be alive during the crime. List the four motivations of rapists as discussed by Turvey.
5) Explain 3 of the 7 rapist motivations in the Baker typology of rapist motivations.
6) In serial murder cases, how an offender disposes of the body certainly informs the type of offender they are. What are the four questions that the disposal site aspects can help answer? Explain 3 of the 6 aspects of disposal sites.