Short Answer Questions 3-4 full sentences each.
1. Who are the three groups that have received formal apologies from the federal government for mistreatment and what did the federal government apologize for?
2. Please explain the for functions of government and why they are important.
3. Name five of the events that led up to the American Revolution and explain why they were important.
4. What is a confederation? Why was it important to the founders to create this type of system?
5. What was the Three-Fifths Compromise? Why was it necessary?
6. What is the connection between the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and gerrymandering?
7. What is the difference between a unicameral legislature and a bicameral legislature? How many states have unicameral legislatures?
8. What is devolution? During what period have we seen devolution? How do block grants demonstrate some degree of devolution?
9. Which part of the Constitution focuses most directly on guaranteeing civil liberties? Please name four civil liberties outlined in the aforementioned portion of the Constitution and explain each of them.
10. What is prior restraint? In what circumstances can the government override prior restraint?
11. Discuss the differences between the establishment clause and the free exercise clause.
12. What is racial profiling? Why is it seen as a violation of civil liberties?
13. Define race and ethnicity. Can one race include different ethnicities? Can one ethnicity include different races? Provide examples.
14. What were the main rulings in the Dred Scott v. Sandford (1857) case?
15. What were the Black codes? When were they in place and what effect did they have on Blacks?