Bullying is a difficult concept to understand and reconcile the consequences. This assignment focuses on the critical thinking skills that are needed to analyze an emotionally charged topic.
Student Success Tips
- Review the Studentâ€™s Guide to Research section of the textbook (Chapter 2)
- Take notes as you watch the video below.
Watch the video titled, â€œFrom school yard bullying to genocide: Barbara Coloroso at TEDxCalgaryâ€ (19 min 5 s) located below. You may also view the video athttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkG0nssouFg.
User:Â tedxtalks -Â Added:Â 2/20/14
Write a one to two (1-2) page essay in which you:
- Identify the most important step in the studentâ€™s guide to research that you would need in order to analyze bullying.
- Define the identified critical step of research in your words.
- Explain how bullying relates toÂ one (1)Â of the following topics:
- the agents of socialization (i.e., family, teachers and school, peers),
- formal organizations (i.e., conformity to groups),
- different types of deviance (i.e., everyday deviance, sexual deviance, or criminal deviance).
Provide a rationale for your response.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- To keep this essay short and manageable, your only sources for the essay should be the TED video and the sections noted in your text. For this reason, APA citations or references are not required for this assignment.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.