Prior to beginning work on this discussion please read pages 8 â€“ 14 of the Bennett-Levy, Westbrook, Fennell, Cooper, Rouf, and Hackmann chapter of the google book Oxford Guide to Behavioural Experiments in Cognitive Therapy (2004), the Weck article (2013), and theCombs, Tiegreen, and Nelson article (2007).
Choose a specific disorder from the following list.
- Anorexia or Bulimia
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Anti-social Personality Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Dependent Personality Disorder
- Specific Phobias (public speaking, heights, animals, etc.)
- Borderline Personality Disorder
For your initial post you will take on the role of a cognitive behavioral therapist. Create a fictional client experiencing your chosen disorder. Apply cognitive and behavioral theories to the clientâ€™s issue to develop a cognitive behavioral experiment you might use with this client. Use the first six of the seven steps for designing coginitive behavioral experiments outlined on page 33 of the Combs, Tiegreen, and Nelson article as your headings to outline your hypothetical experiment. Your initial post should be a minimum of 350 words.