In this assignment, you will analyze a fictional scenario and identify the possible disorders involved. All the information needed for this assignment can be found in the textbook.
Read the following vignettes:
Select one of the above vignettes and analyze it by completing the following:
- Identify and describe two possible emotional disorders one might consider as DSM diagnoses for this child or adolescent. Make sure you support those choices with specific symptoms observed in the vignette.
- Compare and contrast the two diagnoses and then select one that you consider the most appropriateDSM diagnosis. Explain why one is more likely than the other.
- After reviewing recent research studies, readings in your textbook, and other academic sources, provide a thorough description of the following:
- The symptoms required for a diagnosis of that disorder
- At least two possible causes of that disorder, incorporating at least one developmental factor and at least one multicultural factor that may be involved in the cause(s) of the disorder
- At least three of the most effective treatments available for that disorder
- At least one controversy, cultural bias, or ethical issue related to the diagnosis or treatment of that disorder
- Ethical issues related to the use of psychiatric medications, like antidepressants, to treat emotional disorders in children and adolescents.
Write an 8â€“10-page paper in Word format. Add an APA style title page and references page and cite your sources according to current APA standards. Cite information from at least two academic sources to support your ideas. These include your textbook, and two peer-reviewed research articles from the AUO library.
Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources, and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.