The Process of Developing Teams
- Setting goals
- Who will be responsible for what segment of the project?
- When are these deliverables due from each member?
- How will the team communicate? e-mail/online meetings, face to face meetings?
- How often will team members meet?
- What is the team project timeline to be able to finish the project on-time?
- If there are any disagreements or differences of opinion, how will these issues be resolved?
For this Discussion you will be asked to pretend you were placed on a team of four for a school project due in 5 weeks. The project is to write a research paper on group process and respond to the following questions:
- What information would you be sure aÂ team charterÂ covered and why?
- How might you prevent social loafing and group think in your team?
- Where do you think most teams have problems in the group development process and what suggestions might you make to optimize their performance?