Select one of the following issues affecting the workplace and working environment. You may narrow the range of the topic by choosing a subtopic. Develop a paper that discusses the issue you have chosen, your subtopic if applicable, and how your topic has or is affecting the work environment that you have been in or are currently a part of. Also analyze how the problem(s) could be solved using various social controls (i.e., laws, organizational policies/practices, training/education, government or corporate involvement) and determine what potential social or economic benefits may result if your recommended changes were implemented.
- Retirement issues
- Balancing family and work life
- Workplace violence
- Ethical behavior in the workplace
- Substance abuse in the workplace
- Sexual harassment
The paper must be eight to ten pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least five scholarly resources (three of which must be found in the Ashford Online Library) other than the textbook to support your claims and subclaims. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on youâ€™re the left navigation toolbar.
Writing the Final Paper The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.