“Approaches to Forecasting Policy Outcomes” Please respond to the following:
· Describe a real or hypothetical situation that requires someone to make a policy decision. Then, select one of the three approaches to forecasting to apply: extrapolative, theoretical, or judgmental. Provide at least two reasons for your selection of the forecasting approach.
“Types of Forecasting” Please respond to the following:
· Debate It: Take a position for or against this statement: It is better to be approximately right than exactly wrong when developing public policy. Provide at least two reasons and one hypothetical example to support your position.
Generational Differences and the Public Sector Workplace” Please respond to the following:
· Analyze the descriptions of generations from traditionalists to Generation. Assess your own category and discuss the ways you agree and differ from the description, indicating which generation best describes you. Provide three reasons and examples for your position.
“Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered Employees in the Public Sector Workforce” Please respond to the following:
· Analyze the two news events published within the past 12 months related to sexual harassment laws for or against lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals.
· Propose at least two ways your agency plans to address these events, highlighting two challenges to identifying and prosecuting offenders within your agency.
· Debate It: Take a position for or against this statement: A public sector agency should provide medical benefits to employees who choose to have surgery to change their sex. Provide at least two reasons and examples to support your position.